I’d like to take a moment to officially welcome fall—I realize autumn made its debut on September 22nd, but for us Southwestern folk, September is still very much synonymous with summer—and ring in N O V E M B E R! True, it’s the 13th, but I say better late than never!
With hopefully cooler temperatures, the fall season brings with it a few of my favorite things, including:
- The ever anticipated turning of the leaves! It’s almost as if Mother Nature herself is so excited for the transition of seasons, that she decks the trees out in festive, colorful radiance each year. True, we don’t have all too many deciduous trees here, but you can bet I keep my little eyes peeled for as many as I can find!
- Open season on pumpkin pie! Yes, it’s become a silly symbols of #basic status these days . . . But that does not diminish my love for this orange, delectable squash one bit!
- It’s cousin within the pie family, the sophisticated pecan pie—namely bourbon pecan—has also become a holiday favorite of mine over the years.
- Piping mugs filled to the brim with . . . Spiced chai, mulled apple cider, hot cocoa, coffee . . . I love them all. While I enjoy chilled versions of most of these beverages, there’s something childishly romantic about cozying up in an oversized sweater or fuzzy blanket, with a steaming mug in hand.
- Winter layers! Cardigans, grandpa sweaters, chunky knits, oversized sweatshirts galore! Doesn’t sound sexy? I beg to differ.
Well, I suppose that was more than just a few of my fall favorites. Let’s just say I couldn’t help but add a couple of bonus favorites. *Wink, wink*
One joy the foodie within me loves to do is keep a watchful eye out for sweet delights to enrich the season with. My three finds so far this year are:
- Trader Joe’s apple cranberry herbal tea. I don’t know about you, but I love having hot, non-caffeinated options on-hand at all times. While I adore my morning cup of joe, I am not fond of the jitters and sleeplessness too much caffeine brings. It’s one cup—two max, max—for me.
- The gingerbread Lara Bar! It’s a tasty, nutty, perfectly spiced afternoon sweet treat. Toss one in your handbag, diaper bag, or hiking pack!
- Starbuck’s Holiday Blend in a K-cup. The delicious aroma is sure to make even the sleepiest peepers pop right open. I like to enjoy mine with a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a sprinkle of stevia.
What do you love most about the fall season?
Do you have any seasonal goodies?